Someone is sharing bad content, or is toxic directly to you?
In today’s blog, we’ll learn How to block someone on Instagram. Luckily for all of you, it’s a relatively simple process that will take a couple of minutes to complete.
Furthermore, we’ll discuss several other topics closely related to blocking someone on Instagram, so we highly recommend that you stay tuned until the very end of this article.
Blocking Someone On Instagram
Let’s get straight to this topic – there are several ways to block someone on Instagram. To be more precise, there are precisely three ways, starting with the most frequently used one:
- Open your Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Once you open the application, you’ll need to find the main icon of your profile. On the newer version, it’s located in the bottom right corner of the application, featuring either your main profile picture or a blank profile icon. When you find it, click on it.
- Clicking on your profile icon will lead you to your Instagram main profile. You’ll need to find the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, next to a square icon featuring a plus symbol inside the square.
- Tapping on the three horizontal lines will present a pull-up menu that presents the following: Settings, Archive, Your activity, QR code, Saved, Close Friends, and most recently, COVID-19 Information Center.
- We will be interested in Settings, the number one listed icon in the pull-up menu. For further convenience, it has a cogwheel icon left to it. Once you find it, click on it.
- The Settings features numerous options, but the one that will interest you is Privacy, followed by a lock icon. It’s usually positioned as the third option from top to bottom.
- Once you tap on Privacy, you’ll be presented with various options. From there, you’ll need to scroll down until you find the Connections, which offers the Blocked accounts. Find it and click on it.
- In the Blocked accounts, you’ll need to tap on the Plus icon in the top right corner. Once you do that, start searching for the person of interest. Click on the Block when you find them – the option will be located to the right of their name.
- A confirmation for the Block option will pop up – when it does, follow it through.
If you thoroughly follow the previously mentioned steps, you’ll successfully block someone on Instagram. Coincidentally, there are other ways to block someone on Instagram, more specifically, a smaller segment of their account.
Let’s talk about blocking someone on Instagram through Direct:
- Once again, you’ll need to open the Instagram app. Once you do that, you’ll need to find the Messages icon in the top right of your main Instagram feed.
- Depending on the current version of your Instagram app, the icon will either be an arrow pointing to the northeast or a bubble icon featuring a horizontal thunder line. Once you find it, click on it.
- Tapping on the Messages icon will lead you to all of your currently saved messages.
- From there, your job is to chat with the person of interest. Depending on the time and date from your last message exchanges, you’ll either have them at the top of your list or somewhere in the bottom half. Find them and click on your chat.
- Clicking on the chat will present the last few messages from your chatting sessions. But, none of that is important – you’ll need to tap on that person’s name, which is located at the top left of your chat.
- Once you do that, you’ll be presented with a couple of different options, but the one that will interest you is the very last option – the Block option, which is written in red.
- Tap on the Block. After that, you’ll need to confirm your desire by tapping on the Block option again.
If you follow these steps thoroughly, you’ll successfully block someone on Instagram through Direct. On the other hand, there is another way to block someone on Instagram – through their main profile:
- For the final time, you’ll need to find and click on your Instagram app. Once you do that, you’ll need to find the username of the person you wish to block. This can be achieved in several ways, starting with:
- Browse your main feed and try to find the username of the person you wish to block – if unsuccessful, try to find their story post. However, if that doesn’t bear fruit as well, then you can simply use the search engine.
- The search engine is located in the bottom left of your main feed, featured as a Magnifying glass icon, resting between the Home and Reels icons. Once you find it, click on it.
- Clicking on the Magnifying glass icon will lead you to a section that features all of the suggested posts from other accounts on Instagram that might interest you. But, for now, we’ll neglect those posts and focus on the top of your screen.
- There, you’ll find a search bar. Tapping on it will lead you to a pull-down menu featuring all the people you have previously searched for, regardless of how long it has passed.
- From there, you’ll need to type the exact username of the person that you wish to block.
- Once you find them, click on their username. That action will lead you to their main page. While on their main page, you’ll need to find and tap on the icon located at the top right corner. For iPhone and computer users, the icon will be three horizontal dots.
- On the other hand, if you are using an Android, then you’ll be presented with three vertical dots. Find those icons and tap on them.
- Tapping on those icons will force a pull-up menu that features the following: Report, Block, About this account, Restrict, Hide your story, Copy profile URL, and Share this profile. Of course, the Block option will interest you.
- Click on it and follow the procedure – confirm all of your actions.
Looking for more Followers?
From there, you’ll successfully block someone on Instagram through their main profile.
As it turns out, people were interested in a couple of things closely related to blocking someone on Instagram, so we’ll address them immediately:
How To Block Someone On Instagram Without Them Knowing
Depending on the circumstances, you might encounter an old friend or a family member recently joining the Instagram community. These things can and will be shown to you if you have linked your Instagram with Facebook.
But, for some reason, following that person might not appeal to you, as if you share a unique type of content exclusive to a select group of people. So, to prevent your old friend or a relative from following you, you can just simply block them before they have the chance to find you.
We recommend you use the: “Block someone on Instagram through their main profile,” as it will be the most successful method.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Instagram
A few days have passed, and you have noticed that someone isn’t replying to your messages, nor are you seeing their content, which just happens to be a daily-type occurrence. If this happened to you, we recommend the following:
Try to type their username in the search engine – if nothing pops up, then head to your private chat with that person. If the name doesn’t exist, then it’s highly likely that that person has blocked you on Instagram.
How To Block Someone Who Blocked You On Instagram
The easiest way to block someone who blocked you on Instagram is to follow the following:
Find their profile through the Instagram search bar. Click on it and search for an exclamation mark on the top right. Find the Block option, and ollow instructions.
How To Block Someone From Seeing Your Posts On Instagram
In the Privacy section, you’ll need to find the Story. Select the person of interest and tap on the Hide Story, and follow the instructions until you finish. Once you complete that, you’ll block someone from seeing your posts.
Looking for more Followers?
How To Block Someone On Instagram – To Sum Things Up
With that in mind, we have concluded today’s article “How to block someone on Instagram.” For further convenience, we’ll briefly mention the key elements of this article:
- You can successfully block someone on Instagram through their main profile, Direct, and the main settings.
- It’s possible to block someone that’s not following you
- If you can’t find a person’s username that interests you, then it’s highly likely that they have blocked you.
- It’s possible to block someone that blocked you.
- You can even block someone from seeing your posts on Instagram.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article and hope to see you again soon!